We are an Occupational Health Consultancy offering specialist expertise to enhance health and wellbeing across the UK, Europe and beyond.
We believe that employee health creates business wealth.
We understand that ill health, whether mental or physical, has a real impact on organisational efficiency and productivity. Employers that promote better health, benefit from a more productive, healthy and ultimately happy workforce, which in turn enhances employee recruitment and retention.
We work with CEOs, HR professionals and people managers, using our unique systems coupled with a bespoke approach to advance workplace health.
We work with you to enhance the health of employees before issues arise. However, should there be an immediate issue that needs focus and resolve, we will find the right solution to enable a return to work.
Dr. Doreen Miller
Miller Health is led by Dr Doreen Miller, former Chief Medical Officer of Marks and Spencer plc, whose innovative thinking and experience has recognised the need to search for and find the root cause of costly ill-health at work.
Doreen shares some of her professional highlights:
Occupational health, mental health, and working with HR professionals to address the root cause of employee sickness absence and poor performance through improving business health.
My challenge has been to apply digital communication to my work In Occupational Health. This has enabled me to publish a book for HR / people professionals and work with them to find the unhealthy parts of their business and transform them to being healthy again.
During my career at Marks and Spencer, I was involved in getting sick employees back to work. I spent seven years working in a multi-disciplinary team helping suppliers in textile and food factories around the UK and in Europe, Israel and the US to see the value that occupational health could bring to the health and productivity of their businesses.
My work continued to be innovative. I worked with an ergonomist to design a machinist chair for textile workers. This was later adapted for food till staff in M&S stores and can still be seen in stores today. I also partnered with an organisational psychologist to find solutions to problems arising with food till staff: a new system was later introduced in all UK stores to resolve these and other issues.
- Co-editor of Work and Mental Health – an employer’s guide – 2002. This was jointly published by the Faculty of Occupational Medicine and the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
- Author of The Healthy Business Bridge – How employee health creates business wealth (to be published in early 2021).
- Managing Partner of Miller Health Management Oxford (1994-current)
- Visiting Professor at the School of Management, Cranfield University (1999-2005)
- Visiting Professor at the Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine, University Department of Public Health (1995)
- Senior Fellow in Occupational Mental Health, Faculty of Occupational Medicine (1995 -2002)
- Member of the Institute of Personnel and DevelopmentWorking Party on Occupational Health (1994): Guide published 1995
- Chief Medical Officer at Marks and Spencer plc (to 1994)
- Previously a GP in London
- London University – Guy’s Hospital: BS
- MFOM 1980
- FFOM – Fellow of the Faculty of Occupational Medicine
- FRCP – Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians.